2014-07-23

Blabberize (cont.)


If you are "daring" enough to try Blabberize in the classroom, there are some uses that I can think of.
- demonstrate knowledge on any subject area
- listening and speaking practice in foreign language classes
- performance of songs

This site lists the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) of using Blabberize.  This site shows a lesson plan in using Blabberize with poetry.

As I said in my previous post, I'm thinking about using it for a (short) lecture on a topic.  A number of teachers have done just that; here is an example, where the teacher talks about moving the decimal point and what that does to a number.

I think that using Blabberize would help students meet the following standards:
National Core Arts Standards - Music - Technology Strand (replace "X" in the following with "I," "II," or "III," without the quotes. These refer to the level of proficiency.)
  • MU:Cr1.1.T.Xa
  • MU:Cr2.1.T.Xa
  • MU:Cr3.1.T.Xa
  • MU:Cr3.2.T.Xa
  • MU:Pr4.1.T.Xa
  • MU:Pr6.1.T.Xa

ISTE Standards - Students
  • 1a & 1b
  • 2a, 2b, 2c
  • 6b & 6c

No comments:

Post a Comment