2014-07-21

PodOmatic (cont.)

I would like to clarify what I said previously about creating podcasts: you don't have to use Audacity.  According to the help page, you can use the built-in PodOmatic Audio Recorder.  Or, if you wish to use a separate program to record and mix audio, PodOmatic recommends Windows Movie Maker, Garage Band, Myna (dead link, and no longer available; see here), and Audacity.  Also, note that Audacity records and mixes audio only.  You will need something else if you want to create video podcasts.

Having said all this, I tried using the PodOmatic Audio Recorder yesterday and was not able to save my recording.  I think there is an issue with Flash.  I also tried using Safari on my iPad, but I couldn't even record.  The iPad is the only Apple product I own, so I don't know what the situation is with Flash on a Mac.  If anyone has successfully using the PodOmatic Audio Recorder, please let me know in the comments section (and mention if you are using Windows, Mac, Linux, or other).

Finally, I think that using PodOmatic would help students meet the following standards:
National Core Arts Standards - Music - Music Technology Strand (replace "x" in the following with "Ia," "IIa," or "IIIa," without the quotes. These refer to the level of proficiency.)
  • MU:Cr1.1.T.x
  • MU:Cr2.1.T.x
  • MU:Cr3.1.T.x
  • MU:Cr3.2.T.x

ISTE Standards - Students
  • 1a & 1b
  • 2a & 2b
  • 6a & 6b

1 comment:

  1. I think it would be really interesting to set up a class podcast where one student had to summarize the class each day similar to what we are doing in this class, by it being voice only they would have to use correct mathematical terminology which would increase their mathematical vocabulary. Then you would also have a place for students who are absent to go to.

    ReplyDelete